Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Journal 4: Arrows






















To be honest I was even more worried about finding the arrows than I was about the symbols. It seemed like I could not find any in and around the apartments. However that all changed when I got in my car to go to lunch. Suddenly there were so many arrows I couldn't even capture them all. My buddy and I joked that if anybody from another country tried to drive around in America they would have no clue where to go due to the abundance of arrows.

Arrows have a great way of capturing our attention. We naturally want to look in the direction they point in as if there is some sort of surprise they are directing us to. It seems as if everything is directing us and telling us where to go or where to look. Like there are some sort of visual roads upon which our eyes must travel. I have been seeing arrows everywhere since I have taken all the pictures. I cannot seem to avoid them anymore and I find it amazing that nobody else notices their abundance of appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment