Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Journal 3: Symbols and Signs

















I found all of these symbols in the general area of my apartment complex. It appears that I am surrounded by materials that could be potentially hazardous to my health. Many of the symbols that I have found during this assignment warn me and others of possible danger when using everyday items. It is weird to think that these simple things can be so dangerous but I suppose that we have simply become accustomed to the relentless warning these objects give us. Other items include the bear from the Berlin flag hanging in my room. A Pepsi logo, some instructions for the washing machine, and the Mustang logo from my car.

I was surprised at the fact that I did not have to travel far or spend too much time looking for these symbols. They are all around us, we have just become ignorant to their presence unless it is directed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment