Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Journal 17: Handwritten Text


I found it really difficult at first to find an advertisement with handwritten text. After that I realized that it was only because I was not looking hard enough. When I glanced down at my homework list on a Post It note everything clicked. The idea of script text gives a very personal touch to anything it is applied to. In this advertisement, it is talking about the qualities of the car being advertised. When handwritten text is applied, it gives off the feeling that the information being conveyed is coming from a personal source like a friend or family member. People are more likely to listen to the opinion of someone close to them than strict advertisements. With the use of Post It notes, the ad conveys the idea of receiving information about this vehicle from a friendly and reliable source.

No comments:

Post a Comment